A Texas License To Carry may be issued to any person who:
1. Is at least 21 years of age (except military personnel).
2. Has not been convicted of a felony, including a deferred adjudication.
3. Is not currently charged with a class A or B misdemeanor or an offense of Disorderly Conduct, or under information or indictment for a felony.
4. Is not a fugitive from justice for a class A or B misdemeanor or felony. (Can't be WANTED).
5. Is not a chemically-dependent person. (Currently abusing alcohol or drugs)
6. Is not a person of unsound mind.
7. Has not, in the 5 years preceding the date of application been convicted of a class A or B misdemeanor of Disorderly conduct in the past 5 years. Note: Date of conviction is when the sentence is handed down by the judge, not the date of arrest.
8. Is fully-qualified under applicable federal and state law to purchase a handgun.
9. Has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making a child support payment administered or collected by the attorney general.
10. Has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state.
11. Is not currently restricted under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interests.
12. Has not, in the 10 years preceding the date of application, been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony.
13. Has not made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in application or request for an application.
14. Has not been convicted of two drug or alcohol class A or B misdemeanors in the 10 years preceding the date of application.
If you have any questions or need any information, you may contact me by phone at (903)683-4867, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LTC Class Sign-up